- 1 lb of spaghetti
- 1 can/jar of sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 lb of ground need
- 1/2 lb of hot dogs
- 1 jar of banana sauce
- 1/8 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- Dash of Tabasco (optional)
- Make your spaghetti as told to by the instructions on the box. Drain and leave in sink.
- Using same pan, pour in some olive oil, chopped onions and chopped garlic.
- Once the onions are translucent, throw in the ground beef.
- Brown the ground beef, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in spaghetti sauce, sugar, water and banana sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in hot dogs and the dash of Tabasco sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over the spaghetti.
(This is the banana sauce. I normally use a jar that's about 15 oz and not hot. If you do grab hot, don't add the dash of Tabasco at the end of the recipe.)
Some people make it with ground pork as well. I don't, but you can. If it's too spicy, add a little but more sugar. If it's too sweet, add a little bit more hot sauce.


Interesting! I've never heard of hot banana sauce before!
ReplyDeleteSounds yummy! Recipe is different than what my mom does but sounds delicious! By the way, I nominated you for the Sunshine Award. You can see more on my blog. :)
ReplyDelete~ christina from polka dot heart ♥
I've never heard of banana sauce or even a hot one.. I'll be bookmarking this for later :)
ReplyDeleteEtsy fees are ridiculous :( I actually switched over to Storenvy last year and it didn't bring me much sales after trying to promote it so much. I would raise your prices slightly to cover the etsy fees. Keep an Etsy shop and Storenvy open!!
ReplyDeleteI feel like you don't have to promote as much with Etsy.. just got to come up with LOTS of keywords especially in the description.
Masarap! I haven't had this in so long, you've inspired me!
ReplyDeleteMake some! I'm obsessed with it.
ReplyDeleteI definitely recommend trying it at least once!
ReplyDeleteI wanna know how your mom makes it! I wanna try hers!
ReplyDeleteI was so surprised to see that we accidentally grabbed that one! But it works well. It's good.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I am definitely going to keep my Storenvy up, but with Etsy, it just seems to be a lot easier. I've had it up less than a week and I've had a steady stream of sales, so I think that Etsy might just be the way to go for me.
ReplyDeleteDo you remember recipes from St. Thomas? Or foods you liked back home? I'd love to get inspiration from you!
ReplyDeleteI do! I will definitely so posting some! Great idea :)
ReplyDelete