Monday, September 23, 2013

The Zoo

I love the zoo. We tried to come up with outings for every day that A was in town and I think we did pretty well.

The parking lot was packed by the time we got there so we had to park and walk a mile to the zoo. It wasn't too bad though.

It ended up being a pretty hot day so that was nice. I was worried about it being too windy near the water.




Birdie's favorite part was riding the steam engine. She has a slight obsession with trains. As soon as she heard it, we had to go find it.



I was disappointed with the food selection. I wasn't expecting a 5 star restaurant or anything but nothing was cooked. Everything had a 20-45 minute wait which didn't work out well with a hungry 2 year old and 31 year old. I thought the two of them were going to start a riot.




Her favorite exhibit ended up being the insect zoo. We like to catch bugs in the backyard, feed them and let them go so this was right up her alley. Things that most kids (and some adults) would freak over, were her favorite.




A and Birdie fell asleep on the way home and they both ended up sleeping through the whole night. Totally exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment