Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Santa Cruz!





I love the beach. It's my absolute favorite place to be. With A in town, I love going to all these places like it was my first time all over again.



It was the hottest day of the week when we went. Hottest day of the month even. 90 degrees. The rides were closed since everyone is back to school but Birdie made a bee line for the water.

She loved it and didn't want to get out. The water was cold but it felt good with how hot it was. We finally made our way over to the pier since you could hear all the sea lions.







We got some lunch, which consisted of clam chowder in a bread bowl and fried calamari strips. It was so good. We had to rush back to the car to put change in the meter.




We ended up playing in the arcade, Birdie loves skee ball and then we decided to go bowling. We had a blast. I love the little bowling alley there since the bumpers come up only on her turn. She ended up going on her turn and daddy's turn.




We walked back on the pier to go shopping and watched a man make this on the sand. It was really nice. A bought me a gorgeous claddagh ring that I love.



Birdie fell asleep so we ended up sneaking in some ice cream before we headed home.

It was a perfect day. I wish it didn't have to end.

9 comments:

  1. The beach looks beautiful, I'd love to see sea lions too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove Santa Cruz! I was there a few weeks ago with my boyfriend. We walked from one end of the boardwalk to the other. Those sea lions were very amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beach looks amazing!
    That ice cream looks nice as well lol.
    allcraftybitsnbobs.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks so beautiful! I would love to live by the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that clam chowder looks sooo good! what a lovely time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it down there. I love to be able to just walk around and see everything. I love the beach, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I miss Santa Cruz! Need to be back in Cali again!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to, for sure! Now I'll be earning quite a bit more I think that I will need to start saving for a trip next Autumn!

    ReplyDelete