Week three has come and gone and my hair feels utterly amazing. It's soft, shiny and weightless. It's getting more and more wavy. I am having zero problems with fly aways. No issues with static. I think I'm going to keep this up for as long as I can. Continuing past this 30 day challenge won't be an issue at all.
Day 1: Washed. Blow dried.
Day 2: Wore it down.
Day 3: Wore it down.
Day 4: Rinse with water. Braided.
Day 5: Ponytail.
Day 6: Braided.
Day 7: Bun.
My ends look amazing. Normally they would start looks a little dead and I would be due for a trim, but not now. Probably has to do with my lack of straightening my hair with a flat iron... but I don't feel like I even have to!
For those that are just tuning in, I'm 21 days into the 30 day "No Poo" challenge. The "no poo" challenge consists of using a baking soda and water mix to wash my hair and an apple cider vinegar and water mix to moisturize my ends. I use a tablespoon of baking soda and a cup of water, throw that into a squirt bottle, mix and wash my hair. I do it first thing when I get into the shower when my hair is dry. I like doing it that way so I know I don't miss a spot. I massage it into my scalp and let it sit while I do everything else (bathe, shave, etc.) and then I rinse.
I use a tablespoon of ACV and a cup of water in a squirt bottle. I mix it up and squirt it all over the ends. You can rinse it out or leave it in as a leave in conditioner. I just rinse it out sparingly. The smell of vinegar disappears after your hair dries. It doesn't stick around.
I also started to use this in Birdie's hair. Her curls have been more pronounced and less frizzy. I recommend trying the 30 day challenge!
Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop! I love your blog, super cute! You can find my blog at meandmr.com
ReplyDelete-Melanie @meandmr.com
Thanks for visiting :)
DeleteFound you through the blog hop and I LOVE your blog!
ReplyDeleteIs your hair natural? I've heard great things about No Pooing on natural hair.
I clicked over from Ten Feet Off Beale and I love your blog name!! Also, this post has me very interested in the no poo!!! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteMatters of Merrymaking