Friday, March 8, 2013

Hi!

Hi, so I disappeared for a bit. I know. It's only been a couple of days, but it kind of feels like forever. I am enjoying California. I am trying to hang out with my family as much as I can. I feel like Birdie is just growing so much as well. It's crazy how time flies.


My father and I made ramen, like I had noted in a previous post. I was so excited to take photos of the steps and the outcome. I wanted to write a whole post about it. But making ramen is hard. And extremely time consuming. I'm talking... takes 3 days. Did you know that ramen refers to the broth? The first day, you boil seaweed for an hour, mushrooms for two hours, a whole chicken for two and a half hours... And that was just that morning. Totally not what I expected, but it came out beautifully. I have a whole new appreciation for ramen. It's an artform.




My little, baby brother turned 21. Holy crap. I don't even know what to say about that. I swear, he's still like 7 in my mind. I still call him Shorty. Even though he towers me by inches. We took him out to Dave & Buster's for the evening. I'm not sure he can tell you what happened that night.




I got back into running. I missed it. I had a nice little break. Birdie is bored with it though. The view of running is not the same as home. She prefers the playground here though. It's in better shape, well taken care of.

This is the view back home.


All she wanted to do was watch videos on the iPad.
To the right is the freeway. To the left is a field of weeds.




I've also been crocheting hats for the shop. Everyone loves Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I've been pumping out orders like crazy and I still have a ton more to do. I love the work though. I love to crochet. I'm glad that people want them.



Hopefully I have the opportunity to blog a lot more soon. Right now I'm planning on packing for a trip to Las Vegas. My brother wanted to go for his 21st, so everyone is going! I am so excited. The whole family is going. I'm also talking some extended family, who decided to join us as well. I'm not quite too sure what I'm going to do in Las Vegas with a baby, but I'm sure I'll have fun. Maybe I will get to visit some old friends while I'm out there as well.


I also linked up over at :

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Your blog is adorable. Love it! Following you from Blog Hop, nice to meet you.

    Have a great weekend,

    Lisa

    wholesouljewelry.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/WholeSoulJewelry
    www.wholesouljewelry.com

    ReplyDelete