Friday, March 1, 2013

Day with Dad

I love hanging out with my dad. We don't get to do it enough. He has always worked random, crazy hours for as long as I can remember. He has been slowing down a little lately, wanting to enjoy life and enjoy his granddaughter while she's still a baby. So we've got to spend a couple of days together. We've caught up on television shows, lots of laughing at cooking shows (he's a chef!). We really like to joke and laugh at The Taste together. I'm starting to like the show more and more.

We decided that we are going to make ramen together. Fresh, homemade ramen. More about the ramen will come in another post. I'm really excited about that. But we got to go grocery shopping for it! Sometimes I think that's the best part.

We went grocery shopping around town. We stopped in Japantown and went to the grocery store there. I've never even there before. Fun experience. We also stopped by 99 Ranch Market and picked up so much seafood and meat - it's ridiculous. I'm talking a month's worth of food or so. Fresh. We also stopped by Costco for everything else.

When I was younger, my dad never cooked at home. He was tired of cooking by the time he made it home. But that's totally changed. He embraces it now and cooks constantly.




Spring greens salad with roast chicken, mushrooms and prosciutto. I prefer balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing on mine, but I've been loving this Asian sesame salad dressing lately.




Random concoction that he said he dreamed about the night before. This was amazing. Turbo fish, clams in a clam and dish broth over stir fried shiitake mushrooms and bok choy. Scallions sprinkled on top.




We decided that everything was so rich so we didn't need anything else with our lobster. Other than butter. We were right. Heavenly.

I'm excited to see what else we can come up with!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man! Fresh, homemade ramen sounds great!

    I'm new to your blog, but I love your title and the icon you've got is too cool! You're one of my new Libester Award nominees and I'd love it if you'd stop by my blog to learn more and participate. The post is here: http://www.diaryofaplagueyear.com/2013/03/feeling-good-on-friday-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try it! It takes 3 days to make, so we're almost there. I'm excited.

      And thank you so much <3 That is so awesome. I'll definitely check that out!

      Delete