I decided it would be really cute to purchase Birdie a Christmas shirt for photos. I wanted to get her a personalized shirt, super trendy, I know. But I love it. I don't care. So when a work-at-home mama was offering her services for super cheap in a co-op that I'm a part of, I jumped on it. I ordered the first week of December. A week later she complained that her machine was eating her shirts and it was going to be a little while longer, but not by much. I got the shirt maybe 3 days before Christmas. I had to postpone the photos once and ended up canceling them all together. She sent me a long sleeve shirt, when I had asked for a short sleeve. It was 70 degrees, kind of warm for a long sleeve. But whatever, I knew she was backed up and I got my shirt for cheap. Then I saw the marks on the shirt. Photo is below.
It looks like something was sewn right there and then she ripped it right out! The holes are in a perfect "U" shape on the right side of the shirt. I posted the photo on IG and my friends on there talked me into complaining about it. I hate complaining about things. She swears that it wasn't there when she sent it and that it must have gotten like that during shipping. Really? Okay then. She goes to offer another shirt free of charge to make up for this.
So I decided to order a Valentine's Day shirt. I figure that this time we have more time since this was from before New Year's. I messaged her before Christmas. That should have been enough time. So I decided to just get a simple heart chevron shirt with a mustache. Super cute. Photo is below.
I decided against getting it personalized this time, because I don't even know what would've happened if she had to do that. The shirt is the wrong size and it's long sleeve, again. Sort of irritates me since it's 80 degrees here now. I'm not quite sure what I want to do with a long sleeve shirt. It's also a bigger size so the sleeves come down over her hands. I also just got the shirt on the 8th. After telling me on January 20th, it was on the way and then ignoring my message for a tracking number for almost three weeks.
In all, I doubt I will order from her again. I don't want to post her link, but I wanted to vent about it. I'm all for supporting small businesses but please, if you're getting overwhelmed or need help, slow down and ask. I'm pretty sure I would have understood if she just communicated with me. She also just announced that her "boutique" is going to be on one of those "designer flash sites" and I.. don't even know what to say. I feel bad for her customers and her future customers.


That would irk me as well! I'm the same way, I hate complaining about things, but when you pay for things, you expect them to be a certain way! I hope everyone I sell to tells me what they really think, that way I can correct my mistakes and leave them happy! Lol But it seems like this lady doesn't care >.>
ReplyDeleteYeah, that would be super annoying. She should at least refund you.
ReplyDeleteUgh, I was be pissed if that happened to me, especially if she's having those issues and now trying to go on a bigger site.
ReplyDelete